Monday 14 September 2015

Coral Reef Baby Blanket

This blanket was one of the commission blankets. The mother asked for chevrons and so I used this pattern for the stitch style. The colours she chose were coral, yellow, grey, and a bit of teal. I wasn't sure the order in which they would go. I pulled out my pencil colours and sketch book and drew out what I pictured in my head. This was the result.



I sent it to the mom and we added another portion of teal between the coral and grey.

As I worked the blanket, I still wasn't sure I liked the yarn I had picked out, but I kept going. My husband came up behind me at one point and I held it up for him to see. When I asked him what he thought, he said it was a very neat and reminded him of a coral reef. I was so caught up in making the blanket and making it so the mother liked it, that I had difficulty liking it myself. Once I got a second opinion from someone not involved I was able to see it differently.

It turned out quite beautiful. I can't wait to meet the baby girl who will be wrapped in the blanket.

   

   

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment