Monday 26 October 2015

Mermaid Tail Blanket

I finished the mermaid blanket for my niece last Sunday. The pattern written by MJ's Off the Hook Designs was easy to follow and quick to crochet. It took me a few days to fully complete the blanket, but if I had worked on it continuously, the blanket would have been finished in a single day. The yarn - Loops&Threads Country Loom - for the tail is so soft and thick making it a warm blanket. I made the children's size and I fit into it so my niece will fit it for quite a few years down the road.



I posted my photo to Instagram and Facebook and I received a commission off of it. We're going with Ariel-esque colours. The customer asked that the fin be sparkly if possible. I'm still looking for a sparkly green that will go well with the tail colour. I may have found one, but the Michaels I was shopping at was out of Country Loom Solarium tail colour.

I need to pick up a few more balls of Solarium to finish the tail so when I go pick it up, I will compare the two and find the best match.

I also want to make a blanket like the one found here at 3 Beans In a Pod. I love the colours she uses in the blanket pictured in the tutorial and this one. Grey is a favourite colour of mine. After perusing the website further, I discovered she is the author of the same blog I followed to find the pattern when I made my harlequin blanket. Her colours were what drew me to the pattern. (The original pattern can be found on this website.) I'm looking forward to browsing this blog further as she seems to have many beautiful patterns.

That's it for now. Hope you all are having a fantastic Monday.

~Em



No comments:

Post a Comment